Sunday, February 19, 2012

Country Music


Realism the tendency to view or represent things as they really are.What do I think is real? I think a lot of things are real. I believe God is real and that he stands by me every day, I believe the spirit of people is real, I believe music is so real you can almost touch it.



              


              Music is such a big influence on my life. When I’m happy I want listen to music, when I’m sad, When I’m angry, When I’m working out, When I want to have a good time. There is a piece of music for everything honestly, but my favorite of music is Country. I know I know you’re probably thinking yea typical, but honestly I love country music for so many reasons.

              



  I love country music because you can literally find a song in country music about exactly how you feel at any point in time. So many people think Country music is just about Drinking Beer and Women but it’s not at all; I mean yea some songs are about that but that’s about maybe 1/3 of Country music. For instance one of my friends died last semester his name is Scott Harper otherwise known as Boots, he died in the line of fire in Afghanistan and a song by Tim Mcgraw called If Your Reading This was the perfect song for that occasion.



 



















The saddest two deaths I’ve ever had to deal with was my aunt Terry who died of breast cancer when I was five years old. When I found out she died I was in complete shock and was very upset because she was my best friend. Terry was my new step-dads sister and she helped me accept my mom’s new marriage and help find beauty in so many things. The other death was my best friend James Mason Ely! He died while he was visiting his family in Mississippi. He was helping his grandpa cut down tree limbs and one of the branches and him straight in the back of the head. These two people are two of my heroes because they were such wonderful people and such godly individuals and I strive to be like them every day.  But the song Brad Paisley’s When I Get Where I’m going was perfect for both of the








              










 Country Music has songs about Growing Up (Taylor Swift), songs about drinking, songs about objects, songs about feelings Carrie Underwood, Kelli Pickler, Tim Mcgraw, ect. It has songs about your past, partying, God, your dog, cancer, your daughter, or if your angry at a man or women aka Shania Twain etc.



One of my all-time favorite songs is by Alan Jackson called Drive, because it talks about getting behind the wheel of a car, boat or whatever and just feeling the independence from that. It’s also about how growing up everyone always wants to drive and the anticipation of that. This song takes me back to when my sisters and I where littler and dad would teach us how to drive his truck around the block. It also reminds me of when my uncle would let me and my little sister drive the boat around the lake.



I love Country Music because not only because I was born and raised in the South, but because It’s something the means so much to me The lyrics, the beat, just everything within the music to be just feels so real. It takes me back to memories and helps me create new ones.
When I want go out and have a good time I love to listen to Brantley Gilbert, Shania Twain, Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, Blake Shleton, Tim Mcgraw, Justin Moore, and so many more.
Brantley Gilbert Kick it in the sticks

Justin Moore Backwoods
Luke Bryan Rain is A Good Thang



Even If you want to tell someone you love them there are so many perfect songs like that- Love Like Crazy- Lee Brice, Crazy Girl- Eli Young Band, Carolina- Eric Church, I Need You- Tim Mcgraw ft Faith Hill, and my favorite right now A women Like You- Lee Birce

 And My Kinda Crazy by Brantley Gilbert





I believe Country Music is real to me because I can describe it with every aspect of my life. I feel that however way I’m feeling on any certain day it can help me express that. And it’s not that I feel that the music real person or anything more, I feel that county music is about everything. 



2 comments:

  1. I may not have a similar interest as you. I do like some artists in country music, but more of songs, than albums. George Straight, Travis Tritt, Alison Krauss, Reba Mcintyre. My point is, I agree with your statement about how music can get you through hard parts of life. Country music has a lot of emotion tied into it whether people like it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love country music! I think one of the main reasons why I love it is exactly what your blog talks about. Country music is about real life, and almost every time I listen to it i can connect the songs with things going on it my life. Country music is probably the typr of music that is most real to every day life.

    ReplyDelete