Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sterotyping?


         Stereotyping is a popular belief about specific types of individuals. We all stereotype whether we may mean to or not it’s just a natural instinct. I wonder to myself why do I stereotype, How did I learn to stereotype, and I don’t want people to stereotype me. I usually tend to draw conclusions about other people based on who they surround themselves with, what they dress like, what there background might be, and what interests them. I’m going to put some images down below and tell you how I would stereotype them...



If I saw this guy I would assume that he is rather smart, definitely Asian, nerdy, and probably a college kid, he probably attends a huge university and has strict parents.





Now we all know her, Its Friday, Friday, Gotta get down on Friday... If I were to stereotype her I would say a young teenage girl, with parents who are probably living through their daughter. She is probably pretty popular I would assume and dresses fairly nice and lives in a suburb home.





And This Guy.. He loves the outdoors, probably in his mid to late 20's, he probably does a lot of outdoors things to try and "find himself". He loves his dog; he probably has the whole Frat Boy/ Outdoorsmen look going for him I presume. I would also assume that he is single.


See steortyping is so easy. Now Im not sure if any of my ideas on these people are right to any degree but I'd presume that they are probably close.

No comments:

Post a Comment